Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Need more time to file your taxes?

People who haven’t finished filling out their return can get an automatic six-month extension. Regardless of income, anyone can file an extension using Form 4868. I can provide help and assistance in filling at this form. Just conact me at 707.410.6161 or online at www.bryantaodom.com.

Filing this form gives taxpayers until Oct. 15 to file a return. To get the extension, taxpayers must estimate their tax liability on this form and should also pay any amount due.

By properly filing this form, a taxpayer will avoid the late-filing penalty, normally five percent per month based on the unpaid balance, that applies to returns filed after the deadline. In addition, any payment made with an extension request will reduce or eliminate interest and late-payment penalties that apply to payments made after April 17. The current interest rate three percent per year, compounded daily, and the late-payment penalty is normally 0.5 percent per month.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time,today i find it finally.This postgive me lots of advise it is very useful for me .I will pay more attention to you , I hope you can go on posting more such post, i will support you all the time.Bookkeeping

    ReplyDelete